I’m making an honest effort not to live on brownies and cheez-its for lunch. Really, there is no excuse. I’m home, writing A FOOD BLOG, obviously I should be eating awesome lunches. Sometimes though, I’m working on something complex and don’t realize I’m hungry until I’m REALLY HUNGRY. Like, hangry hungry. It’s an issue. In situations like that, having something like this up my sleeve is essential.
Maybe I should start a series of posts called “easy lunch recipes” or “Mary’s lunches” or “shrimp for lunch!” I’ve been kind of on a roll with it (yes, yes, and yes). This recipe has been a long-time favorite of mine. It’s quick, easy, and ridiculously delicious for the amount of effort required. If I’m ever on the verge of getting hangry, this is an easy, delicious solution!
Need a dinner in the next 20 minutes? Here ya go. Boil up some pasta, cook some shrimp with some delicious spiciness, and douse it all in fresh grated parmesan and a hearty dose of pepper. You really can’t go wrong!
Easy Shrimp Pasta
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2
- 8 oz pasta
- 1 cup shrimp, frozen or fresh
- 3 Tbsp butter
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- Boil a pot of water, and begin cooking the pasta according to directions.
- In a skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of the butter over medium heat. Add the shrimp with a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes and garlic powder. Cook until fully opaque and done.
- When the pasta is almost done, add the frozen peas. Cook for 2 minutes, then drain.
- Toss the pasta with remaining 2 Tbsp butter, cooked shrimp, basil, parmesan, and pepper to taste.