Happy New Year! I'm pretty excited about 2013: it's going to be a VERY different year. I'm getting rolling on my new career, running my first* marathon, and getting MARRIED — just to name a few.
Looking back over 2012, it was an eventful year! I went from having about 30 visitors per day here on Bake Break, to having some days approaching 1,000 visitors! This year I plan to devote a bit more attention and time to posting for all of you, and growing my readership even more. Thanks to all of you who have stuck around!
I've compiled a list of my top recipes from 2012: Five were chosen by you, simply by which recipes were viewed the most. Five are chosen by me, which was NOT easy — it's like choosing your favorite kid! I decided not to duplicate any from the most viewed list, and skipped some things that we might use often (pizza dough), but aren't exactly "special" to me.
Top 5 Reader Picks for 2012
- Brownie Cheesecake with Chocolate Caramel Ganache
- Lemon-Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze
- Strawberry Bourbon Tart with Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- Butternut Squash Stuffed Shells with Browned Butter Squash Sage Sauce
- How to Bake Heart-shaped Cakes in Soup Cans
My 5 Picks for 2012
- Spicy Chicken and Rice Chowder
- No-Knead No-Fail Bread
- Fresh Cranberry Lemon Cookies
- Grapefruit Curd
- Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
I can't wait to see what's on this least next year!!
*For the sake of full disclosure, I ran a marathon when I was 13... but seeing as I didn't train, or even really know anything about running, I don't really count it as "running a marathon" even though I did. This one will be the first one I've trained for!